Join our team!
We are privileged to serve the patients who entrust their home medical equipment needs to us.
HME Home Medical has been helping home medical equipment patients in Wisconsin since 1986. We strive to provide superior service with our sleep and respiratory equipment, mobility options, mastectomy and lymphedema fittings, wound care, home modification planning and other related services.
If you are interested in having a POSTIIVE impact on the lives of our patients and their families, consider a career at HME Home Medical!
We are partners with Hospital Sisters Health System, where we are driven by our core values of RESPECT, CARE, COMPETENCE, and JOY.
Employee Type: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk
- Maintains documentation accordingly and provides authorization codes and numbers to insurance.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary referrals for patients in need of ancillary or specialty services.
- Works directly with patients regarding the requirements and limitations of their health plan.
- Maintains key contacts at managed care companies, documenting all interactions, helping to facilitate managed care process.
- Faxes copies of medical records to insurance companies, managed care companies and physicians' offices as required ensuring that the patient's referral will be a covered service or product.
- Assists in meeting goals related to days in accounts receivable by working as part of a team responsible for several front-line billing aspects which may include but is not limited to entry/verification of patient demographics, collection of medical noted/documentation at the time of service.
- Assists in meeting goals related to quality and customer satisfaction by providing outstanding service when offering assistance, guidance, and direction to visitors and patients, in person and over the phone.
- Helps keep other colleagues informed of requirements of different plans.
- Monitors patient flow through reception and works with team to minimize waits and delays.
- Willingly accepts other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent - Required
- Physician office, receptionist, insurance /billing experience preferred
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
Send email with resume